1. The Root Chakra - Your root chakra is the foundation of your energy body. It sits at the base of your spine, in your pelvis. Your root chakra is your energy connection to the earth. It is a conduit, drawing life force energy from the earth, up and into your body through the feet. It is the center of your sense of safety, security and stability in your life. When it is balanced you feel a strong sense of security and groundedness that allows you to try new things, take risks and enjoy your life. When it is out of balance you may feel afraid, insecure, and the need to manipulate or control things in your life in order to feel safe.
2. The Sacral Chakra - Your sacral chakra sits just below your navel. It is the center of your sense for creativity and emotional expression and your core beliefs in life. When this chakra is in balance you can express yourself creatively. When the sacral chakra is out of balance you feel stifled, you question your worth, and can be rigid and judgmental of yourself.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra - Your solar plexus chakra is found at the base of your sternum.It is where you sense the center of your personal power, your will and self-esteem. It is your powerhouse, and governs how you extend your will into the world. When it is balanced you are confident and strong and you stand up for what you want. When it is out of balance you can feel weak, allow yourself to be controlled by others and lose sight of what you really want. You can also become defensive and angry, using your will to control those around you.
4.The Heart Chakra - Your heart chakra is located in the center of your chest. It is the center of love and all relationships in your life, including with yourself. When your heart is balanced you have a clear balance between giving and receiving in your life. Your relationships are nurturing and supportive and you have good boundaries with other people. When the heart is out of balance you may withdraw from relationships to protect yourself, give too much, have poor boundaries, and resent your relationships.
5. The Throat Chakra - Your throat chakra is the center of communication in your body. It governs honest communication and active listening. When your throat is balanced you speak up for yourself, share your needs and feelings honestly and are willing to hear what other people have to say. When it is out of balance you may hold your emotions and needs back, be dishonest about how you feel, or lash out when you feel discounted.
6. The Third Eye - Your third eye is in the center of your forehead. It is the center of intuition in the body. You receive intuitive insight through this chakra. When you open your third eye you have a strong sense about what you see, hear, feel, and know. When this chakra is in balance you know truths that guide your life. When your third eye is out of balance you question your intuition, try to prove it, or rationalize it away.
7. The Crown Chakra - Your crown chakra is on the top of your head. It is the where the Divine, Source, the God of your heart, enters your physical body, and it is where you connect to your higher self. When it is balanced you feel connected and safe; you know that there is something bigger than you watching out for your well-being. You feel a strong sense of who you really are, beyond just the mundane of this lifetime, and you feel a strong sense of connectedness to the cosmic consciousness. When your crown is out of balance you may feel insecure and small, experience symptoms of anxiety and depression and feel as though you are disconnected.
Your aura is an electrical field of energy that emanates from each of your chakras. The health of your aura is in direct relationship to the balance of your chakras. They are connected to one another at a deep level. Your aura projects out into the world the information that your chakras are emanating.